What Wool Blankets are Made in USA?
I needed to travel abroad for my job interview, so I hustled about all the preparations and set out for the journey. Once I reached my destination, I quickly had to rent an apartment that had almost everything I needed, and it was very comfortable to stay there.
As night came and snow started falling, I grabbed a blanket and sat down. After a few minutes, I began to feel cold as the blanket was not sufficient to keep me warm. I didn’t know much about the marketplaces where I could buy a warm blanket or a quilt.
I started browsing Amazon and there I literally found a blanket that could fulfill my need in that cold weather. The blanket was made from wool in the USA. Surprisingly, it provided enough warmth in the extreme winter weather, so I took it back to my home when I was back.
That’s not all we need to know about wool blankets. Keep scrolling to the end to find out more!
What Types of Wool are Used in Blankets?
1. Merino Wool: A merino wool blanket is entirely made from merino sheep. Merino wool is a very soft, comfortable fiber, and does not cause any irritation for you.
2. Alpaca Wool: In addition to being lightweight and warm, these wool blankets provide heat according to the ambient temperature of the room. They are lightweight, but also provide warmth.
3. Cashmere wool: It is highly comfortable and fluffy, made from the underwool of Cashmere goats. Although it is expensive, it provides warmth and comfort.
4. Angora wool: This type of wool is collected from angora rabbit, which isn’t 100% wool, but is as warm and comfortable as alpaca wool.
Why Buy USA Made Wool Blankets?
The United States of America is known for the best production of wool blankets as they never compromise on the quality and standards of its products. People around the world, locally or internationally admire and love to buy USA-made wool blankets. Why is this so?
Responsible Wool standards (RWS) encourage the farmers to work perfectly and this thing attracts customers to buy the best American made wool blankets. The experience of the customers remains satisfactory that flourishes the brands of USA wool blankets.
The wool blankets made in USA carry the certification of STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX which ensures the blankets are purely tested against harmful material.
ISO (The International Organization for Standardization) further advertises the USA brands of wool blankets. It certifies the reliability, safety, and quality of the blankets. Moreover, the requirements of a customer are always preferred.
Let’s get to know what things need to keep in mind while buying USA made wool blankets.
Things to Consider While Buying Wool Blankets
- There are many varieties of wool blankets, if you want to choose the best then go for a merino wool blanket.
- Select the required size, i.e. twin, queen, king, etc.
- Choose the wool accordingly, i.e. lambswool, cashmere (goat wool), angora (rabbit wool), merino wool (high-quality wool)
- Weight matters a lot while buying. Select accordingly.
- Choose a breathable wool blanket to avoid sweating. Alpaca and Merino are good in this regard.
- Washable wool blankets are a good choice to buy, though there are some wool materials that can’t be washed. Select accordingly.
Be with me until you find out about the recognized brands of USA Wool Blankets.
What Wool Blankets are Made in USA?
1. Pendleton Yakima Thick Warm Wool Blanket
Pendleton is one of the best wool blankets made in USA. The blanket is adorable and is best for camping. It is made of pure virgin wool that fulfills the needs in almost all types of weather. These Pendelton wool blankets are manufactured in colored fabric and minimalist stripes. Here is the latest price.
- Comfortable, lightly warm, and stylish
- Soft and has enough warmth with its lightweight
- Thick fabric
- Dry cleaned only
Company Overview: Pendleton has been working for more than 100 years. The company is based on a family business who is manufacturing top-class woolen blankets with 100% assurance of quality. The company also produces other luxury fabrics.
2. Eco-Wise Washable Wool Blanket
These washable wool blankets made in USA blankets are manufactured with virgin wool. Blankets made of colorfast wool will not shrink, fade or pill after being machine-washed. Here is the latest price.
- Pure wool, a wonderful delight
- Perfect weight
- Soft blanket having high quality
- Wrinkles easily
3. Pendleton Roll-Up Wool Blanket
This Pendleton wool blanket is made of 100% wool and 100% nylon back. It is mostly liked as having rolled-up designs and moreover, it has built-in carrying handles that make it most comfortable to carry anywhere. Here is the latest price.
- Very comfortable and light weighted
- Handy, durable, and high quality
- Easy to use
- Be strict with the instructions for cleaning. Just dry clean
Company Overview: With more than 100 years of experience in manufacturing top-quality woolen blankets, Pendleton is a family business that manufactures high-end fabrics with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
4. Faribault Alpine Wool Blanket
Made of These USA-made wool blankets are favorable in cold conditions of various kinds of weather. They keep warm and provide you comfort. They can easily be tossed or wrapped on the bed. Here is the latest price.
- Luxurious stuff
- Comfortable and cozy
- tumble dry only, do not bleach
Company Overview: The company is known for its best quality, comfort, and modern technology in manufacturing USA Wool blankets. They use raw wool to manufacture many other accessories other than blankets. The company never compromised on quality and comfort. This made it exposed all over the world.
5. U.S. Military Surplus 8-Pack Wool Blankets
The blankets are naturally flame retardant, with great thermal properties. They are durable and of good quality. Mostly used for temporary purposes such as camping and donating. They are reusable but not washable. Here is the latest price.
- Very useful in emergency
- Handy blankets have many uses
- Not washable and sanitized
Wool Blanket Manufacturers USA
1. Name: Frankenmuth Woolen Mill
Address: 570 S Main St, Frankenmuth, MI 48734, United States
Products Offer: Wool comforters, wool mattress toppers, wool pillows, complete bedding set, wool dryer ball
2. Name: Eighth Generation
Address: 93 Pike St #103, Seattle, WA 98101, United States
Products Offer: blankets, pets, towels, jewelry, socks & hats, scarves, handcrafted soap, totes & tumblers, art prints, notebooks, cards, books
3. Name: Macy’s
Address: 450 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111, United States
Products Offer: men, women and kids shoes clothing and accessories, home accessories, beauty products, jewelry, furniture and toys
4. Name: Swans Island Company
Address: 231 Atlantic Hwy, Northport, ME 04849, United States
Products Offer: blankets, bedding, baby apparel, yarn
Don’t miss the below million dollars information.
How to Store Wool Blankets?
To store wool blankets, first place them in direct sunlight and wait until they have dried (if any moisture is present) before folding them up, then store them in a dark, cool location and in an air-tight container or bag, because moisture can cause it to rot.
If It is common for your home to be infested by pests. Cedarwood is a natural insect repellent, which can be placed along with your wool blankets.
Can you Wash Wool Blankets?
It is easy to answer this question “can wool blankets be washed?”. You just need to follow the washing instructions on the blanket because not every wool can be washed. If Machine washing of blankets is allowable then you need to use the gentle wool wash cycle on the washing machine, cold water, and only wool wash detergent. It should be dry cleaned if it cannot be machine washed.
Why are Wool Blankets so Warm?
There is no doubt that wool fibers hold and circulate heat through small pockets of air between them, making them the best natural fabric for trapping and retaining warm air. In wool fibers, small pockets of air circulate heat, allowing it to move closer to your body when cold, that’s why wool keeps you warm.
Are Wool Blankets Itchy?
The quality and fiber strength of wool can make it feel cozy and soft or it can be itchy. Shorter fibers and wider fibers length of wool will cause an itchy sensation. They will rub against the skin, causing irritation.
Blankets are almost needed in all weather conditions. Even its summer, people remain in air-conditioned rooms. So they are the most needful thing. Having a quality blanket keeps you comfortable so why not try wool blankets made in USA that have all the required standard qualities? I bet you would never repent after buying USA made wool blankets.
Related Article: What Quilts are Made in USA? – A Quick Answer