What Blood Pressure Monitors are Made in USA?
Recently, a close relative of my office colleague passed away because of a heart attack. We later discovered that he was suffering from high blood pressure problems, eventually causing a heart attack.
We all know that it is essential to maintain normal blood pressure to enjoy a healthy life. But, wait!
How will one know if his blood pressure is higher than harmless levels? It is where blood pressure monitors come into play.
Many people are unaware of its significance. Therefore, I have enlisted all the fundamental aspects below, including features to consider before purchasing a blood pressure monitor, reasons to buy blood pressure monitors made in USA, and more. Here, you will find a complete guide for purchasing the best blood pressure monitor.
Table of Contents
Blood Pressure Monitor: Your helping hand!
Sphygmomanometers or Blood Pressure Monitors are instruments used to monitor blood pressure. It comprises an inflated cuff, a stress gauge, and an inflation mechanism.
Usually, people who have some medical conditions buy these devices. So they do not need to visit clinics just for blood pressure measurements. These devices allow patients to monitor their blood pressure regularly.
We already know about the usage of blood pressure monitors in clinical practices. But a number of people buy these instruments to use them at home. It is handy to operate. Thus, anyone can use it at home.
Blood Pressure Monitors Made in USA
But wait, that’s not all. I know we all need to be convinced by some logical reasonings on a particular topic. Therefore, to eradicate your concerns, I have listed some authentic reasons why should you go with the USA made blood pressure monitors.
Why Use the USA Made Blood Pressure Monitors?
Blood pressure monitors made in USA are significantly better options to consider buying. The foreign products might be slightly cheaper. However, you will not get proper value from them due to their poor manufacturing.
Following are some reasons why you should buy USA blood pressure monitors.
Best blood pressure monitors made in the USA give accurate and reliable readings. They function exactly the way they are supposed to. You can compare the USA made blood pressure monitors to their Chinese counterparts. You will notice the difference in their functionality and accuracy.
Blood pressure machines made in the USA follow VDL criteria. This mandate gets regulated by The American Medical Association. It applies to every blood pressure machine used in clinics, hospitals, and homes. So, you will be guaranteed to receive a properly authorized and regulated machine.
MDI technology, also called Measurement During Inflation, is a prominent feature in blood pressure machines made in the USA. Usually, during deflation, there is a sense of an unpleasant feeling that can affect blood pressure measurement accuracy. However, with the presence of this attribute, you will get the most accurate reading during inflation.
The USA manufacturers of blood pressure monitors offer impeccable service. They are always available for your assistance. Thus, if you are facing obstructions while operating a blood pressure monitoring device, you can contact them. They will assist in their best position.
I know what you are thinking, are there any consideration protocols for purchasing blood pressure monitors? Well, certainly yes.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Blood Pressure Monitors
Blood pressure monitors are critical to patient health monitoring, so you must take special care when buying one. Following are some main factors to consider before buying one.
1. Proper Health Monitoring: Some blood pressure monitors also come with pulse measurements alongside systolic, diastolic blood pressure, and irregular heart rate detectors. All these features combine to provide complete heart monitoring.
2. Different Cuff Sizes: It should contain different cuff sizes to choose from so that if over one person is using it, the cuff could fit them.
3. Multiple User Capability: Some monitors allow the setting up of different profiles so each person can save their blood pressure readings separately. It is usually an expensive feature. However, it is an excellent option for more than one user in the house.
4. Power Option: Many blood pressure monitors run on batteries. Some are to be plugged into the wall socket directly. Consider buying one which has a battery backup so you can use it when electricity is unavailable.
5. Data Analysis: Some blood pressure monitors allow you to export your blood pressure readings on a mobile app. You can use that app for data analysis, whether or not the instrument’s readings follow a healthy trend.
No More Wait. I have mentioned below the most renowned American brands with their pros and cons.
What Blood Pressure Monitors are Made in the USA?
1. Dario Blood Pressure Monitor
This blood pressure monitor allows connectivity with your mobile phone through Bluetooth. It supports easy data export into its application for data analysis. It has high memory, which enables it to store 400 memory records. See the Latest Price Here.
- It is convenient to use
- Customer service is friendly and helpful to users
- It can track glucose results and blood pressure readings on the same application
- Gives accurate readings
- It is prone to occasional errors
- It does not come with an adapter
Company Overview: Designed for users, Dario combines digital excellence, analytics, hardware, and personal coaching to create custom solutions that gently teach and inspire users to take care of their day-to-day health on their own.
2. Greater Goods Blood Pressure Monitor
This blood pressure monitor comes with a complete kit that allows you to track heart health over time accurately. This monitor is easy to read, and it has a large screen that showcases results. It has a cuff that is comfortable and fits different sizes. See the Latest Price Here.
- It is pretty simple to use and has accurate measurements
- The cuff is very comfortable
- Application synchronization with the device is easy
- It has multiple power options such as battery or AC adapter
- Sometimes readings were higher than the actual reading measured at the clinic
- Bluetooth synchronization has to be done separately for each user
Company Overview: They started with a handful of advertisers, innovating household products and finding a larger purpose. They are a team of designers and artists who have invented new scales, a legacy of innovation, cast the iron, and created award-winning blood pressure monitors. Today, they are a multinational group redefining lifestyle standards.
3. CONTEC Blood Pressure Monitor
It is a household Blood pressure monitor that provides automatic measurement. It has an HD display and different cuff sizes to fit numerous arms. See the Latest Price Here.
- The cuff sizes are available for infants, children, or adult
- It is easy to operate
- Gives a complete summary of blood pressure records
- It is very accurate
- Its noise level is not quiet
- It will not register blood pressure with any kind of movement
Company Overview: CONTEC has developed a diverse range of products. These include pulse oximeters, blood pressure monitors, ECG, EEG, ultrasound equipment, patient monitors and imaging equipment, and many more. They have built a modern scientific and efficient production system with advanced products.
4. MOCACuff Bluetooth Blood Pressure Monitor
This blood pressure monitor shows results by comparing it with the blood pressure standards of the American Heart Association. It synchronizes all recorded measurements on your mobile phone. You can analyze the record to check trends. See the Latest Price Here.
- Comes in a compact box that contains a protective case for the actual device
- It is a lightweight device that you can use while traveling
- The display is easy to read
- It gives you accurate results
- Device calibration is awful
- Device performance is significantly poor on low battery
Company Overview: MOCACARE was founded in 2013. They have headquarters in Palo Alto, California. With an international team of scientists, engineers, designers, doctors, and business leaders from Stanford University, California College of Arts, and the University of California San Francisco, They help people take care of their health every day.
5. Konquest Blood Pressure Monitor
This blood pressure monitor has easy to read and large display screen. It can be operated by a single tap. It has a complete set to monitor heart conditions. See the Latest Price Here.
- Very easy to operate and read the results
- It gives accurate results
- You can use this model on both arms
- It can set up two separate profiles for the usage of two people
- It does not come with its own AC adapter nor there is an option to buy it
- After some time, the machine gives significantly higher readings
Company Overview: They provide their customers with high-quality, cost-effective health monitoring devices and related products for professional and personal use. Health monitoring devices include blood pressure monitors, thermometers, pulse oximeters, and digital scales. They offer outstanding uptime and efficiency, reliability, excellent customer service, and support.
Why Should You Normally Monitor Your Blood Pressure?
Why should you monitor your blood pressure on a regular basis? Isn’t it a troublesome task?
By continuous monitoring, you can keep your blood pressure in check. If any increase is spotted, you can seek medical help. This regular monitoring is very beneficial for patients because if the blood pressure is kept unchecked, it may reach dangerous levels without the knowledge of the patient. It can lead to fatal diseases.
Therefore, blood pressure monitoring is important even for people without any existing medical condition because blood pressure is spreading widely among adults due to the stressful nature of their routine. They can keep a log of their blood pressure each day. Thus, they can analyze the trend whether it is staying consistent or high/low.
Protocols for Using Blood Pressure Monitors
There are proper guidelines that you must follow while monitoring blood pressure. So you get an accurate reading. These guidelines are as follows:
- No eating or drinking before blood pressure monitoring.
- Sit in a chair along with your back completely reclined.
- Both feet are flat on the ground.
- Now locate the cuffed arm on a flat place level around the chest height.
- The cuff should be towards your bare skin.
- Do not speak at the same time as taking blood pressure.
What is the Best Time to take Blood Pressure?
There is no right or wrong time, according to me. The best time to take blood pressure is perhaps the one that suits your body best since we all have varying levels at various times of the day. Doctors recommend taking your blood pressure reading before going to bed because it will vary throughout the day. Therefore, it is better to take a reading at night while you are relaxed.
What is the Best Position to take Blood Pressure?
According to the JNC7 hypertension guidelines (which the doctors are supposed to follow):
“Sit quietly for at least 5 minutes in a chair (rather than on an exam table) with back well supported, feet on the floor, and arm supported at heart level.”
You should keep the monitor at heart level when your arm is resting on the armrest. you shouldn’t cross your legs and your cuff arm should be supported and lower than your heart. Make sure you sit as relaxed as possible.
How to Breathe During Blood Pressure Test?
You should breathe as slowly as possible during the blood pressure test. Take a deep breath and then exhale slowly. This way your reading will be accurate because the blood in vessels will not get more oxygen.
Why is Blood Pressure Lower the Second time I take it?
According to the Blood Pressure Association, it is recommended that you sit in a chair for five minutes before taking the first reading. When you take the reading right after you sit on the chair, then the readings will show that you have high blood pressure. Once you become relaxed after 2-3 minutes, take another reading and it shows a low reading.
Typically, the first reading is higher, indicating that you are anxious about your blood pressure, something we have all experienced. This is why you are asked to take more than one reading at intervals so that you can relax between them.
How do I know if my Blood Pressure Monitor is Accurate?
A simple and easy way to check the accuracy of your blood pressure monitor is to bring it to your doctor’s office and compare its readings with theirs. There is no other method to check the accuracy of a BPM, the only way is to compare it with other machines.
Blood pressure monitors have a notable significance in the present reign. Therefore, it is essential to purchasing the best blood pressure monitoring device for prompt results with zero errors.
Read More About: What Pulse Oximeters are Made in USA?