What Pulse Oximeters are Made in USA?
COVID-19 has turned our world upside down. But this has also led to the development of new medicines and gadgets in the medical or health industry. During this unprecedented time, one of my relatives caught COVID.
When he observed the symptoms of COVID, he rushed to the hospital, and luckily it was a mild case. What amazes me is that the doctors prescribed him some medicines and a gadget called the Pulse Oximeter. The impressive design, features, and automated functions offer patients a convenient way to detect oxygen levels in the bloodstream.
In this blog, I am going to briefly discuss its uses, key features, and the brands offering pulse oximeters made in USA. So, you can make decisions on when and why you should buy it. Let’s start with the importance of the pulse oximeter.
Table of Contents
How do Pulse Oximeters Help You?
A low level of oxygen indicates that you need urgent medical treatment. Patients suffering from heart disease, asthma, and other similar conditions can also benefit from this device. If you want to know more about this device, let’s discuss its uses.
1. Detect Oxygen Levels: This device detects lower oxygen levels in the blood, whether you feel breathless or not.
2. Interpret Blood Color: It interprets the color of the blood. A high oxygen level makes the blood bright red in color. A low oxygen level makes the blood blue in color.
3. Analyze Wavelengths: It observes and analyses the wavelengths of red light and infrared light. The blood absorbs light of a certain wavelength and then interprets those changes.
4. Check Saturation of Oxygen: Anyone experiencing a breathing problem can use it to check the saturation of oxygen present in the blood easily.
5. Detecting Arterial Oxygenation: The device only detects the oxygen level in arteries. It excludes the signals of non-pulsatile components like veins, capillaries, and tissues.
Why Should You Choose Pulse Oximeters Made in the USA?
Given the ante, an affordable pulse oximeter is a simple and effective way to monitor your health and get urgent help if you notice any changes in oxygen levels. This device is available both in online stores and in pharmacies.
But can I be totally honest with you? I suggest choosing a blood oxygen meter made in USA. It is for a variety of reasons, which I will explain below.
A device that is FDA (U.S. federal regulatory agency) approved means that it is clinically tested, validated, licensed, and comfortable to wear. As a result, all oximeters made in the USA are of high quality and safe to use. The modern FDA-approved oximeter made in USA consists of algorithms that determine the low perfusion state and display the result in the form of a blank screen or as “low perfusion.”
Best Design Features
It has the best design, features, and functions. It consists of high and low SpO2 and pulse rate alarms that help in the continuous monitoring of oxygen levels in the blood.
It is made from quality and durable materials, which makes it the best for monitoring oxygen levels. These oximeters use lithium batteries. These batteries are different from regular alkaline batteries and last much longer. This device is available in a great variety in the USA that meets different needs.
Can I make a wild guess? I know, you are thinking about factors to consider before buying a pulse oximeter.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Pulse Oximeter
Provide Accurate Readings
The best pulse oximeter made in USA is the one that gives an accurate reading and has similar features to the one that is used in hospitals. An amateur device will produce unreliable readings.
Darker Skin People
A lot of devices don’t offer accuracy and are not calibrated. Even if they are calibrated, they fail to give an accurate reading for non-white individuals. This is due to software problems and can overestimate oxygen levels. If you have darker skin, it is advised to get your oxygen level checked at a hospital.
Provide Full Device Benefits
Get a pulse oximeter that has sensors and accessories. There are devices that can detect heart rate, plus rate, and blood flow.
Don’t Go for a Cheap Device
Avoid purchasing low-cost devices as they are fake. Go for those products that are manufactured by medical companies. These devices should be easy to use, have a personal app, and have simple data tracking software. It needs to detect the data and provide a detailed report on how to improve your lifestyle.
Other Important Features
It should have a comfortable design, be well-fitted, and record accurate pulse and SpO2 oxygen levels. Plus, it needs to have the best rechargeable batteries.
What Pulse Oximeters are Made in USA?
I have listed some pulse oximeters that are made in the USA.
- Masimo MightySat Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
- CMI Health Rechargeable Pulse Oximeter
- EMAY SleepO2 Pro Pulse Oximeter
- LOOKEE Ring Overnight Pulse Oximeter
- Contec CMS50F Wrist-worn Pulse Oximeter
1. Masimo MightySat Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
This device has Signal Extraction Technology (SET), which helps in measuring blood oxygen, pulse rate, blood flow, respiration rate, and changes occurring during the respiratory cycle. It also comes with an app that displays, tracks, shares, and saves data. See the Latest Price Here.
- Advance technology provides accurate readings.
- High-quality and easy to use.
- Bluetooth and the best recording features.
- Various functionality options, great selection, interactive apps, and screen resolution.
- Issues with battery timing.
- It is costly.
MASIMO Company Overview: They have been manufacturing innovative medical devices, non-invasive monitoring technologies, and a variety of sensors since 1989. Their devices are customizable for use in high-and low-acuity hospital settings and homes.
2. CMI Health Rechargeable Pulse Oximeter
This handheld pulse oximeter is made as per the professional manufacturing standards of FDA, CE, ISO 9001, and ISO 13485. See the Latest Price Here.
- Monitoring newborn oxygen saturation.
- It has alarm sensors, is portable, and is small in size.
- Good quality.
- Competitive price.
- Sometimes it misses supporting the USB standard charging system.
- The highly sensitive sensors fail to give accurate data.
CMI Health Company Overview: They have been manufacturing high-quality, the latest, and affordable medical devices since 2013. It is a popular brand and is used by various healthcare facilities and at home. The device offers a convenient and effective method of care with real-time information.
3. LOOKEE Ring Overnight Pulse Oximeter with Alarm
It is the latest and patented soft finger ring sensor. It is comfortable, best for continuous monitoring, and comes with a mobile app. See the Latest Price Here.
- It provides the most effective monitoring system.
- Keep all records and data within the app.
- The App is available in Google Play Store to download.
- No cons.
LOOKEE Company Overview: This company has made its mark on the industry by providing high-value and innovative medical devices for improving health, well-being, and quality of life.
4. Contec CMS50F Wrist-worn Pulse Oximeter with Software
This device is easy to use and can be adjusted according to the wrists of pediatric and adult users. It perfectly records and displays pulse and SpO2 blood oxygen saturation and has rechargeable batteries. See the Latest Price Here.
- Simple to use and easy to install.
- Integrated analysis software that visualizes and summarizes the results.
- It possesses an alarm feature, with the option to select parameters for O2 and heart rate levels.
- The battery timing is very good.
- Software is required to use it.
- It has a dark backlight, which makes it difficult to assemble and use.
FACELAKE Company Overview: They have been operating in this industry for almost 15 years. They have provided their customers with safe, affordable, and high-quality devices and received several positive reviews.
5. EMAY SleepO2 Pro Pulse Oximeter
It has a specially designed soft silicone O2 sensor that efficiently monitors blood flow by minimizing discomfort. A powerful rechargeable device that has large data storage. See the Latest Price Here.
- Works efficiently.
- Easy to follow setup instructions.
- Comfortable to wear and less restrictive.
- Data is represented in graphs.
- This medical device does not have any flaws.
EMAY Company Overview: EMAY is an experienced company that manufactures the latest health care products. They make sure that devices meet all the high standards, which makes them user-friendly.
The pulse oximeter has provided us with a convenient way to monitor the oxygen levels in our blood. With the emergence of COVID-19, it has become a necessity for every individual. If you want to get this device, you can buy the above the USA made pulse oximeters through the above links. Stay Safe Americans.