Who Makes GE Refrigerators? – An Ultimate Guide
If you’re in the market for a refrigerator, you’ve likely come across the name “GE.” But who makes these refrigerators, and why are they so popular? Let’s take a look at what makes GE one of the most popular brands of refrigerators on the market.
Table of Contents
GE (General Electric): A Brief Overview
A multinational American company GE founded in 1892, GE was recently acquired by Haier Group in China in June 2016. As, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of home appliances, Haier has factories across the globe, including China, South Korea, Hungary, Egypt, Mexico, and more.
With regard to quality and features, GE refrigerators have some unique advantages over other brands. Several models include TwinChill evaporators, which create separate climates for the fresh food and freezer compartments – keeping food fresher for longer.
GE also leads the way among refrigerator manufacturers when it comes to lowering energy bills. Their models are Energy Star compliant – meaning they use less energy than standard household appliances. In this way, you can save money and help the environment at the same time.
We’re not through yet! Let’s explore what makes GE refrigerator special.
Why Should You Choose GE Refrigerators?
1. Superior Cooling Technology
GE refrigerators come with advanced cooling technology designed to provide superior temperature control and preservation. By removing odors from inside the fridge, the FreshFlow air filter helps maintain freshness by restoring optimal temperatures quickly after frequent openings and closings of the door.
The humidity-controlled crispers give you full control over how much moisture is retained in fruits and vegetables so they stay fresher for longer. And for those who like their drinks extra cold, the Advanced Water Filtration System provides clean water on tap with an adjustable water dispenser that can chill beverages down to 37°F!
2. Innovative Designs & Features
GE refrigerators are available in several sizes and designs to fit any kitchen layout or decor style. Choose from traditional side-by-side models with adjustable shelves or opt for one of the more modern French door models with full-width drawers for maximum storage capacity.
Every model includes adjustable spill-proof glass shelves for easy cleaning, interior LED lighting that makes finding items simple, as well as an electronic display panel with intuitive controls so you can easily adjust settings at a glance. Plus, most models include convenient features such as external ice makers, filtered water dispensers, gallon door bins, and front-facing temperature displays.
3. Energy Efficiency Ratings
All GE Refrigerators feature high energy efficiency ratings so you get all the benefits without sacrificing performance or style – saving you money in the long run! With GE refrigerators, you can enjoy superior temperature control and storage capabilities while reducing your energy costs, whether you need something economical or more luxurious.
Who Makes GE Refrigerators?
GE refrigerators are made in the following countries:
1. United States: GE Appliances is headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, and produces a wide range of products including refrigerators.
2. China: Haier, the parent company of GE Appliances, is based in Qingdao, China, and manufactures some refrigerator models for sale around the world.
3. Mexico: GE also has a plant in Mexico where it manufactures some of its refrigerators as well.
4. Poland: The Polish division of GE Appliances produces fridges and freezers for European customers.
5. Turkey: Some commercial-grade refrigerators are manufactured at a facility in Turkey.
6. India: There are several manufacturing plants located throughout India that produce various GE refrigerator models for local markets.
7. Korea: LG Electronics, a subsidiary of Haier, is based in Seoul, Korea, and manufactures some refrigerator models for sale around the world.
8. Thailand: Haier also has a subsidiary in Thailand that produces several different refrigerator models.
9. Australia: The Australian division of GE Appliances produces fridges and freezers for local customers as well.
10. Indonesia: The Indonesian subsidiary of GE Appliances manufactures some of its refrigerators for sale locally as well.
11. United Kingdom: Finally, GE also has a manufacturing plant located in the United Kingdom which produces various refrigerator models for European customers.
Yes, you read that right! All the countries mentioned above and many others fall on the list of GE refrigerator makers.
How Long Does GE Refrigerator Last?
In general, GE refrigerators last up to 15 years if they are well-maintained and cared for. The importance of regular maintenance and upkeep, however, is to ensure that your refrigerator lasts as long as possible. Keep an eye out for potential problems that might arise.
Regularly cleaning the coils and checking for any signs of wear or damage will help keep your fridge running smoothly for many years to come. Additionally, it is important to follow manufacturer instructions when replacing parts or performing maintenance tasks. Doing so will help you get the most out of your purchase while keeping your food safe and helping avoid costly repairs down the line.
Would you like to know the secret of how to enhance the age of your appliance? Read on…
Factors Affecting GE Refrigerator Longevity
In addition to the type of model you own and how often you use it, how long a GE refrigerator will last vary. In addition, regular usage can result in accelerated wear and tear, reducing your refrigerator’s lifespan over time. Models that are made of more durable components tend to last longer than models made with less expensive materials.
Your fridge’s longevity is also affected by the level of care you take; regular cleaning, maintenance checks, and timely repairs will help ensure your appliance lasts as long as possible. You can extend the life of your fridge and keep it running optimally for many years to come by following manufacturer guidelines and taking proper care of it.
Upkeeping Tips For Your GE Refrigerator
- Clean the coils regularly to help keep your refrigerator running efficiently.
- Check for any signs of wear or damage and have them repaired promptly.
- You should follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer when replacing parts or performing maintenance.
- Keep your fridge properly sealed to avoid leaking cool air and wasting energy.
- Keep a clean environment inside and outside your home to deter rodents from setting up residence in or near your fridge.
- Use traps and bait stations strategically around active sites if you have identified areas where rats are present on your property to reduce their numbers over time.
- Monitor temperatures regularly to ensure food safety, as well as the proper functioning of the freezer and refrigerator compartments.
- Unplug the appliance when it’s not in use, as this will help save energy and extend its life expectancy.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure your GE refrigerator remains in peak condition for many years to come. Taking proper care of your fridge now will save time and money down the line while helping keep your food fresh and safe!
Read More About: Who Makes Kitchenaid Refrigerators?