Which USA Made Kitchen Knife Sets are Worth Buying?
It was late evening, and I came to know about the sudden guests’ visit. I got panicked as the most challenging thing that I find in cooking is ‘Cutting’.
After you finish cutting, cooking becomes almost effortless. In the past, I was tired of cutting fruits and beef for salads, and it took a lot more time and effort because of my old, rusty knife. I was working when the bell rang. My neighbor was there. She saw me worried about cutting. She said, “Let me give you my knife which will surely help you finish your cooking well before time.”
It was an amazing experience cutting with her knife, which is made in the USA. While buying you must know the types of knives. Do you have any idea about it? Let’s get to know then!
What are the Different Types of Knives?
Different types of knives are present in kitchen knife sets.
Boning knife: With its thin and short blade, it separates the meat from its main bone.
Bread Knife: Its long thin blade helps to cut the bread slices without squishing them.
Chef’s Knife: A variety of sizes and lengths are available, usually longer, and are used in the kitchen for a variety of purposes.
Cleaver Knife: It is a butcher knife used for shredding, chopping, pounding, and crushing different ingredients.
Dinner Knife: Used to cut and push food onto the fork during formal and informal meals.
Santoku Knife: Generally, kitchen knives are used for slicing, mincing, or dicing.
Steak Knife: These sharp knives are used to cut steaks or meat.
Above are the common types of knives which are normally present in a kitchen knife set. Now, what makes USA made knife sets worth buying?
What makes USA Knives the Best Choice?
A major reason to buy knife sets made in USA is the fact that they are certified by The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) for stainless steel, which ensures the quality of the knives and legal safety. Material, design, fabrication, and manufacturing processes are keenly inspected.
In addition, ISO certification ensures streamlined production processes and improves customer trust. It focuses on a strong customer focus.
Food Safety Modernization Act and National Sanitation Foundation certification also involve meeting standards of safety. American made kitchen knife companies do not compromise on the quality and sustainability of the product and always look for global Human health.
Then, wouldn’t it be great for you to buy these super American made knife sets? But, before buying you must need to know some factors about USA hand kitchen knives. Keep diving with me:
Things to Consider Before Buying an American Made Kitchen Knife Set
Be sure to read about the following factors before making a purchase
- Must check the sharpness and durability of the knife and avoid using Solingen steel knives; as once its edge gets lost it can’t sustain the sharpness.
- To work effectively in the kitchen, choose lightweight knives, such as delicate and slim knives with finesse quality.
- Always prefer a knife that will ease you while cutting, chopping, or mincing.
- Choose a knife having an oval-shaped handle. The handle should be of metal or wood which makes the grip easy.
- Choose high-carbon stainless steel that is very strong and easy to sharpen.
That’s enough to know, let’s scroll down toward the most recognized companies producing amazing knife sets. So, do you really want to know about them?
Which USA Made Kitchen Knife Sets are Worth Buying?
1. Cutco 19 Pc Kitchen Knife Set
Cutco is undoubtedly the best American made kitchen knife set. It includes a 3″ Gourmet Paring Knife, Santoku-Style Trimmer, and 7″ Santoku. With their wood handles and serrated edges, these knives are specifically designed to make cutting easier. See the latest price here.
- Extremely sharp and durable knife set
- Beautiful edges and a simple sharpening with the Cutco sharpener restore sharpness when needed
- Solid warranty
- They have been run through the dishwasher 100s of times and they still work and look brand new.
- No Cons
Company Overview: This USA brand was established in 1949 and is profoundly working for making peoples’ life easy in the kitchen. Their goal is to provide their customers with high-quality knives. Their quality knives and kitchen scissors are helping people all around the world.
2. Virginia Boys Kitchen Knief Set
These polished, smoothed and hand forged kitchen knives made in USA use 420HC stainless steel. These knives hold a reliable blade that keeps remaining sharp for a long period. In addition to being comfortable to hold, the blades are tapered from the spine to the tip. See the latest price here.
- Sharp with control
- Made from high-quality steel in the USA.
- Comfortable to use
- In contrast to rectangular handles, the handle is round
Company Overview: The company is associated with a family business from Virginia; works for locally made products. They use high-quality materials such as stainless steel and walnut wood. Their aim is ‘putting in’ rather than ‘taking out from the earth.
3. Rada Cutlery Kitchen Knives Set
This comes with 7-pieces knives for every type of cutting. These best kitchen knives made in USA help you to cook a great meal within fewer hours. The cutlery set has various types of knives that can be useful in your kitchen. The handles of these knives are made from cast silver brushed aluminum. They are sharp, tough, and durable. See the latest price here.
- They’re super sharp
- Low Price, Excellent Quality
- Lifetime warranty.
- Can be sharpened at home.
- Short handles and they are not dishwasher safe
Company Overview: The company has been manufacturing cutlery since 1948 in the USA. To offer its customers the best kitchen knives at the best price is its mission. The company produces knives having surgical quality blades, T420 high carbon stainless steel with lifetime usage.
4. Lamson Fire Forged Kitchen Knief Set
These carbon steel kitchen knives made in USA have corrosion-resistant and highly elastic hand-made knives; 6 piece block sets that go through proper polishing and sharpening processes. This set forged blade uses high carbon stainless steel from Solingen, sturdy handles, natural wood, and comfortable thumb support, which appeal to the customer to buy it anyway. See the latest price here.
- Excellent craftsmanship and is well worth the money.
- Lifetime guarantee.
- Sharpening and honing this steel is easy.
- The blades are very sharp.
- Fit and finish are good (not excellent)
Company Overview: The company Lampson is recognized for its well-made kitchen accessories. Their stylish and fine products prove the true craftsmanship of the skilled workers of the brand who are dedicated to maintaining the quality of their products.
5. The Dexter Russell Knife Combo Set
This USA made kitchen knife set has 6-Inch Curved Flexible Boning Knife, one 10-Inch Steak Knife, and a 6-Inch Wide Trimming Knife. The knives have a sharp razor and hollow grounded edges with Sani-safe knife handles. See the latest price here.
- Superb quality and sharpness
- Easy on hand, well packed.
- Well made and stays sharp
- Sharpen easily and hold an edge well.
- Seems comfortable when handling it.
- Nonslip grip and durable
Company Overview: The company started in 1818 and produces knives with American steel blades. The knives meet the demands of professional kitchens as well as home kitchens. They are amazingly working to produce various knives and tools.
What are the Best Kitchen Knife Sets?
When it comes to the best kitchen knife set on Amazon, Home Hero Kitchen Knief set is the best overall, but Cutco is the number one choice if you want the best USA made kitchen knife set.
How to Sharpen a Kitchen Knife with Stone?
To sharpen your kitchen knife with a stone, follow these simple steps:
- Let the stone soak in water for five to ten minutes
- Place the stone on a flat surface.
- The knife should be held at a 20-30 degree angle against the stone
- Beginning with the heel of the knife, slide the point of contact towards the tip.
- You should apply moderate pressure to all the points.
- Keep repeating this motion until the knife becomes sharp.
How to Dispose of a Kitchen Knife?
It is best to dispose of old kitchen knives at a scrap metal recycling center. Another option is to wrap them in paper and toss them in the recycle bin.
When you’re having plenty of options buying these USA Made Knife Sets, what’s the delay to make your cooking smooth? Experience these kitchen knives that will help you while cooking a variety of food.