What Power Banks are Made in USA?
I was on a road trip with my friend and relied totally on my phone for tracking routes. Suddenly, I realized my phone’s battery had gotten low and no charging ports were available. I was about to panic when my friend handed me a power bank, and there was an instant sigh of relief. I realized the importance of keeping a power bank, at that point. It charged my phone battery instantly, and we were on track.
So, if you want to save yourself from facing this situation or have already faced it and don’t intend to experience it again, I will help you. In this blog, I am going to discuss a list of USA made power banks, their pros, and cons, and what factors to consider so you can buy the right one for yourself.
Table of Contents
Why Do We Need Power Banks?
A power bank is known by many names, such as a portable charger, a portable battery, or an external battery. It acts as a backup accessory for your device as it charges it when the battery dies. You can charge your smartphone or tablet for extended use when there are no charging ports available.
A power bank comes in handy when you don’t have electricity to charge your device. Other reasons for getting power banks are mentioned below.
1. Charges Multiple Devices: It can easily charge multiple devices simultaneously as they are not device-specific. With it, you don’t have to carry around a spare battery as this portable device can fit anywhere in your bag.
2. Convenience: If you use your phone a lot and spend most of the time outside your home, then you need a power bank. You just need to plug it in and take it out when fully charged, which makes it more convenient.
3. User-friendly: You can carry it in your pocket, attach it to the phone, and use it while traveling. You don’t have to leave it for hours to get fully charged as you can use it on the go.
After getting to know a little about power banks, in the next section, I am going to explain why the power banks USA made are the best option for you. So if you want to know about it, keep on reading.
Power Banks Made in USA
Why Choose American-Made Power Banks?
The reasons for getting power banks made in the USA are ample, and we are going to discuss each one in detail.
USA made power banks are TSA (Transportation Security Administration) approved, so you can easily carry them with you on planes or trains.
Power banks made in the United States have been tested and passed several certifications, including UL (Underwriters Laboratories), FCC (Federal Communications Commission), and Rosh (Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive). It means that these products meet all rigorous standards for energy conservation, electrical safety, and electromagnetic emissions.
These power banks are very smart at any point where the output voltage exceeds the limit, it timely detects it and takes initiative to close it. They also protect from overcharging the device.
The USA made power banks are quality-made, including all of the accessories that come with them.
Wait, we’re not through yet, as now I am going to explain some important factors that will help you in buying the right power bank that meets your requirements.
Things To Consider Before Buying Power Banks
When buying a power bank, you need to consider various factors that help you to get the right one and save you from facing disappointment later on.
1. Capacity: Weight and capacity go hand in hand. It needs to be light, solid, with reasonable power, and reliable. Go for the one with 2500–3000 mAh, as above, it would be too much.
2. Functionality: It needs to charge quickly and efficiently. The best option is to choose a mAh that is greater than the battery capacity of the device to be charged. Additionally, if your power bank has a higher mAh capacity, you will be able to charge many devices.
3. Multiple Outputs: It should have multiple outputs that allow you to charge multiple devices at the same time and are always ready to go.
4. Output Power: The devices should have an automated charge detector and adjuster. It means that, with this feature, you can charge any USB-powered device. It will also adjust the power of the output as per the charging device.
5. Charging Inputs: It needs to have a USB-C input or a USB-Micro B input because these are widely available chargers in the USA. Moreover, iPhone users must check the supported input port before buying.
By now you’ll be wondering which brands manufacture power banks in the USA. The answer to this question can be found below.
What Power Banks Are Made in USA?
1. Goal Zero Sherpa Portable Power Bank
It is a reliable travel power bank and is airline-approved. Has a professional-grade power supply that is built to last, user-friendly, and protected with multiple layers of protection. It comes with 2 60 USB-C, 2 USB-A, and 110V AC inverter ports. See the Latest Price Here.
- High-quality and solidly built
- Reliable and easy to use
- Quick charge
- Lightweight and compact
- Inconsistent charging
- Self discharge themselves
Company Overview: Goal Zero was established in 2009 and since then has produced innovative power banks. Their products are made to the highest protection standards and are easy to use.
2. Crave PowerPack Portable Battery Charger
This device offers fast and efficient charging with full power capacity. It comes with a smart charging feature that lets you charge your mobile while you are enjoying your adventure. It comes with 3.0 USB-C 100W and QC 3.0 Dual Ports. See the Latest Price Here.
- Contains two traditional USB and two USB-C ports
- Simultaneous charging of multiple devices
- Well-built and easy to use
- Large battery pack
- Won’t charge at 60w port
- Extremely heavy
Company Overview: Crave was founded in 2015 and produces top-quality and reliable products. They are committed to creating innovative, safe, powerful, and user-friendly products for your adventures.
3. Anker Power Bank
It has advanced charging technology, ultra-high cell capacity, and offers simultaneous charging. It comes with both USB-C and Micro USB input ports and has a lifetime equipment warranty. See the Latest Price Here.
- Quick charge
- Impressive battery capacity
- Top-notch design, usability, and reliability
- Take hours to recharge
- Stops functioning in temperature fluctuation
Anker Company Overview: It was founded in 2011, and since then has established itself as one of the most popular brands of portable power banks in the market. Anker power banks are made in the USA using smart and innovative technologies.
4. Zendure Power Bank Supermini
This device has a USB C PD external battery, and a USB A port. It is user-friendly and has a 24-months warranty. See the Latest Price Here.
- Small, lightweight, and solid built
- Fast charging
- Charge both Apple and Android phones
- Long battery life
- Printed documentation is very poor
ZENDURE Company Overview: It was founded in 2013 and is known for producing quality and well-designed power banks in the USA. They are based in California. Their products are long-lasting and stylish, and they are offered in over 100 countries throughout the world.
5. GreaTech Premium Mini Power Bank
It comes with a built-in flashlight for emergency situations and has a digital LCD display, which makes it the best travel charger at night. See the Latest Price Here.
- Powerful battery
- Battery display LCD screen
- Lightweight and compact
- Handy flashlight
- Slow charging
- Sensitive flashlight button
GreaTech Company Overview: It is considered a market leader in producing high-end and ultra-compact portable chargers. They offer an affordable power bank price in the USA and are made using premium technology.
How do Power Banks Work?
The power bank consists of a lithium-ion battery or multiple batteries.
Usually, it has an input and an output. The input voltage is 5V DC, and the charge state of the battery bank is controlled by an internal charging controller. Usually, the USB input is from an AC or DC charger or from a computer port. A parallel charging circuit charges the 3.8V cells inside the device.
In order to receive an output, you press a button. The output is converted from 3.8V to 5V internally using a step-up converter. It can be used to power USB devices such as cell phones and touch pads/iPads.
Can Power Banks Charge Laptops?
You can charge a laptop with a power bank if the power bank has 110V AC output and the same power capacity as the laptop has. Basically, a power bank is a portable battery. All you need to do is connect the power bank to your laptop.
Can I leave Power Bank Charging Overnight?
It is recommended that you do not charge your power bank overnight. It is unlikely to cause significant damage, but it could shorten the battery’s lifespan.
If you decide to buy a power bank, then give a look at the brands I have mentioned above, such as solar power bank, Anker power bank USA, and much more. Also, keep in mind the factors as they will help in choosing the right one.