What Floor Jacks are Made in USA?
It was a week ago when my friend Tom came home after I tried various fishy tricks and tools to lift the tire of my car, but none of them worked. In his words, “you have plenty of tools and a well-equipped garage, but none of these products will be of any value to you than the floor jack. You can swap out the tire, change the oil, and repair the car on the go if it’s on hand.”
He bought a floor jack made in USA the past month from Amazon, and we also started searching for one for my garage. We went through so many options and decided to pick up another American made floor jack. In my entire research, I got to know so much about the floor jacks. So, just stay with me if you also want to buy one but don’t have enough know-how about it.
Let’s start with some basics by learning about different types of jacks;
What are the Different Types of Jacks?
1. Scissor Jack: The scissor jack is the one that can be found in the boot, together with the spare wheel. It is the smallest and cheapest option available & comes with a handle that helps to wind the arms apart.
2. Floor Jack: This kind of jack is ideal for auto repairs as it is equipped with a low-profile design. It’s the most famous car jack that can be rolled easily on wheels under the car to any point.
3. Bottle Jack: It has a pump handle and air compressor attachment. Its shape and size are its only flaw. Depending on the model, this type of jack can lift between around 4 – 50 tons easily.
4. Pneumatic Jack: It is also called a telescope jack. Pneumatic jack is the most common in the industry of heavy machinery maintenance for lifting trucks, construction vehicles, and trucks.
5. Hi-lift Jack: Hi-life jack is also known as the farm jack. These are basically employed while lifting vehicles out of the mud. These are rated to almost 7,000 lbs, & can lift the cars up to 5 feet off the base.
6. Strand Jack: These are mostly used in engineering and construction and are capable of lifting power stations, bridges, and other heavy items.
7. Trolley Jack: The trolley jack is another great choice for automotive work. It can lift around 4 tons and can roll across gravel and dirt. Also, it is equipped with braking mechanisms and is safe to use.
8. Motorcycle Jack: Because of the low-profile, small engines, working on specific motorcycles can be tricky. The motorcycle jack is basically employed to lift the whole unit off the ground, providing convenient access to the most integral parts.
9. Forklift (Pallet) Jack: Its style operates in a quite similar capacity to the bottle jack and floor jack if combined. It comes with a steel handle, and its push rod is also a little longer compared to a normal bottle jack.
10. Hydraulic (Mechanical Service) Jack: Operated by a fabulous crank handle, this kind of jack has many uses. However, you will see it near the landing gear of boat trailers, semi-trailers, & 5th wheel RVs commonly.
Without any delay, let’s see why you should always choose a USA-made floor jack;
Why Choose USA-Made Floor Jacks?
Floor jacks made in USA are always best-of-all in all aspects. Therefore, many people consider items made in America for exceptional reliability and durability.
They are OEM (original equipment manufacturer) approved, which means that the body shop has been ideally acknowledged to use factory-approved specific parts. This ensures that the facility has the right equipment to install the parts by using factory-approved processes.
ISO 9001:2000 certification makes these American made jacks preferable. These products are manufactured in the best Shinn Fu Group factories, which are able to offer quality items that meet the standards cost-effectively.
Another approval from the ASME/PASE Standards (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) makes these USA-made floor jacks good to consider. The safety standard for the automotive service technology equipment, ASME PASE-2019, incredibly specifies the maintenance and design of the tools and equipment essential for the vehicle service.
Now that you have explored why you need to go with the floor jacks made in USA, just dig into the factors you should consider before buying them;
What Things You Should Consider Before Buying Floor Jack?
Wondering what important factors you need to consider before buying the best floor jack? Here we go;
- First of all, choose the right type which suits your needs and budget better. Hybrid is the best-of-all if you don’t have a budget issue and want quality material.
- Capacity is the second most important factor. Make sure to get even more weight-lifting capacity than you exactly need.
- Specifications and car model also plays an important role. Consider how heavy it is and how low or high it is.
- The other aspect to keep in mind is its price. Pneumatic and hydraulic floor jacks made in USA are the two best options to go with.
Now, Let’s have a look at the best final products that you can go with ease;
What Floor Jacks are Made in USA?
Below is the list of floor jacks their pros and cons that are made in the USA.
- Hein-Werner HW93652 3 Ton Floor Jack
- AFF 2 Ton Professional Floor Jack
- Hein-Werner HW93642 Hydraulic Floor Jack
- Norco Professional Floor Jack
- JEGS Professional Aluminum Floor Jack
1. Hein-Werner HW93652 3 Ton Floor Jack
This heavy duty floor jack made in USA comes with a strong pump base, sealed hydraulic pump, and case iron lift arm for exceptional strength. You will get the flagged side plates & wide frame, too – a plus point to its stability. Moreover, if you want to have precise load control, its U-joint will help you out. See the latest price here.
- Works really well
- Exceptional length and wide body
- Offers stability
- Built with quality material
- Poor packaging
Company Overview: SFA (Shinn Fu Company of America) performs its functions amazingly in sales, service, marketing, and distributing items throughout North, South, and Central America. SFA has become the top-notch distributor of quality hydraulic life equipment in Canada and the US over the past 40 years, which reflects the huge reputation for service and quality.
2. AFF 2 Ton Professional Floor Jack
With the low pickup height, this best low profile floor jack made in USA provides easy access to custom vehicles. In addition, the jack features a hydraulic system for easier and faster lifts with the joint technology. It’s 50″ handle is covered efficiently with one-piece foam to ease positioning, storage, and pumping. See the latest price here.
- Highest reaching and lowest clearance jack
- Super reliable
- Goes up easily with a long handle
- Offers quick pumping action
- It should have two pieces of handle
Company Overview: American Forge and Foundry was established in 1963 and has built a standing tradition of offering nice quality items, outstanding value, and exceptional service. Available through their network of partners, their products can be found in automotive repair shops, agriculture, military sectors, and many other demanding sectors.
3. Hein-Werner HW93642 Hydraulic Floor Jack
With its impressive quality and feature-packed nature, you can use the Hein-Werner floor jack without any worry. Its flagged side plates make it highly stable and easy to use. Plus, the wheels and frames of this product are of nice quality. This car jack made in USA has a lifting capacity of 2 Tons. See the latest price here.
- Safe to use
- Excellent performance
- There is no rapid raising of the jack
Company Overview: Shinn Fu Company of America played a fundamental role in research, product design, and engineering to assist the manufacturing facilities in meeting all the marketing needs. Their OEM private-label clients, with their super strict requirements, are an important part of this huge effort.
4. Norco Professional Floor Jack
The low profile floor jack made in USA moves very well. It comes with great quality and looks very cool. It is low enough to lift the cars, which are even low to the ground, without utilizing any wood blocks. For additional protection, it comes with a nice pad and handles. See the latest price here.
- The handle is robust
- Offers nice control
- Protect body panels
- Reliable and durable
- Makes noise on the compression stroke
Company Overview: Norco was established in 1964, and now they are in the 3rd generation of family ownership. They are intended to make excellent quality products, offered at the most affordable price, for the expert repair marketplace. Their goal is to meet the needs of their customers with one call to facilitate them.
5. JEGS Professional Aluminum Floor Jack
Its lightweight aluminum construction permits you to roll the 3 ton USA made floor jack around easily. And the 360-degree rotating saddle and low design profile are also amazing as it allows easier movement. Also, this aluminum floor jack made in USA has an optional jack skid that can be used safely on gravel, grass, and dirt separately. See the latest price here.
- Easy to operate
- Looks really good
- Quality is good
- The lift arm isn’t centered in the frame
Company Overview: They have incredibly built a preferred destination for all professional racers, gearheads, restoration nuts, and weekend warriors who want to take their precious vehicle to another level. They not only sell parts but also rely on them while driving their own cars around dirt trails, interstates, and racetracks across the country.
We are not through yet, let’s have some FAQs
Why do You Need a Floor Jack?
Ever wondered why this product is so much important to you? Here are the reasons:
- The American-made floor jack is used widely to apply huge forces to lift heavy loads instantly.
- Using jacks, you will have a device that can afford greater lift efficiency over very larger distances.
- You can use them in the industrial, construction, and automotive industries.
- Some important types, including bottle jacks, are widely used with vehicles to permit the wheel to be effectively changed.
Can I use a Floor Jack without Jack Stands?
Floor jacks and jack stands both have different roles. Yes, you can use floor jacks without jack stands if you are not going to work under the car. Always remember that the floor jack is only for lifting. You cannot work under the car safely until you get the stands or any other solid thing under it.
Where to Jack up a Car from the Front?
In some cars, two additional central jack points are located just behind the front and rear bumpers. It is usually comfortable and stable to hold a floor jack on the cross arm between the wheels in most cars. In some cars, the jack points are located under the rocker panels, behind the front wheels. Although they are not suitable when working on certain parts of the car such as bushes.
What Size Floor Jack for the Truck?
It is advised that you purchase a floor jack that is 3/4 times the weight of your truck because other tires remain on the ground to bear the weight. As an example, if your truck weighs 8000 pounds, then multiply the weight by 3/4 and you will get 6000 pounds, which is 3 tons. So. a 3-ton floor jack is enough for lifting a truck.